[Nanocubes-discuss] Demo statistics not updating (Chrome/Win7)

[Nanocubes-discuss] Demo statistics not updating (Chrome/Win7)

Emily Dragowsky
Hi, everyone --

I'm interested in providing a solution to faculty here at Case Western Reserve who have dense spatiotemporal data, and who find GIS too limiting.

I viewed a couple of demos this morning via Chrome on Win7. The airline (ASA) and twitter demos did not update statistics when dragging the time series. I used the feature to zoom on the time series. Is there another method that I ought to apply to select data for just a portion of the full time series?

Also, my system did not provide any category selections when I applied the shift, control or command keys along with left clicking.

Is there more comprehensive user help for investigating the demos?

Cheers!
~ Em

----------------------------------
Emily Dragowsky, Ph.D.
Advanced Research Computing -- ITS
Adjunct Associate Professor of Physics
Case Western Reserve University
(216) 368-8995

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] Demo statistics not updating (Chrome/Win7)

Carlos Scheidegger
Hi Emily,

This might just be the UI that's not really well designed - I did it, so I know it's not great :) There's two ways in which you can drag the time series.

If you go here, http://www.nanocubes.net/view.html#twitter, and you hover your mouse over the time series, your cursor should be a set of four arrows. That's for panning the time series, and it will not update the selection. However, if you hover your cursor over the *date axis* along the bottom, your cursor should turn into two arrows with a vertical crossbar along them. This is where you update the selection.

Let me know if this works. We've considered alternatives for the UI for a while, but haven't come up with anything nicer.

Best,
-carlos