Quantcast

[Nanocubes-discuss] On Source Code Reading

[Nanocubes-discuss] On Source Code Reading

Liyu Cai
Hi, Lauro and other committees,

Which branch would you recommend for source reading to understand the implementations of the thoughts in the paper, 1.0 ? I am a Java developer with limited experience in C\C++, but i am interested in data visualization and want to understand the algorithms as much as possible.

(Sorry for the non-sense the question may sounds like --- I known there are 'masters' in this mail-list.)

Thanks,

Liyu

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] On Source Code Reading

Stephen Frowe Ingram

Hi Liyu,

Last year, I put together a very rudimentary python implementation of the
example and pseudocode in the InfoVis paper.  It should provide an easy
way to play around with the ideas from the paper without any C++ knowledge
and with (hopefully) minimal Python knowledge.

You can find the python code at the following address:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~sfingram/nanocube.py

Hope this provides a helpful start,

-Stephen

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Liyu Cai wrote:

> Hi, Lauro and other committees,
> Which branch would you recommend for source reading to understand the implementations of the thoughts in the paper, 1.0 ? I am a Java developer with limited experience in
> C\C++, but i am interested in data visualization and want to understand the algorithms as much as possible.
>
> (Sorry for the non-sense the question may sounds like --- I known there are 'masters' in this mail-list.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Liyu

nanocube.py (11K) Download Attachment