[Nanocubes-discuss] how to replace lat, long with different coordinate system

[Nanocubes-discuss] how to replace lat, long with different coordinate system

sushil@kratin.co.in
Hi,

I'm planning to use nanocube for representing employee availability. I've
custom map (floor wise) of office. Location of an individual is fixed. If
the person is present in office on that day, his location will be marked
with green color, if the employee is absent then it will be marked with red
color.

I've gone through the procedure of creating dmp
file(https://github.com/laurolins/nanocube/wiki). I understood the script.

My question, how can I replace lat, long with my coordinate system and show
it on customized map that I've.

Thanks,
Sushil

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] how to replace lat, long with different coordinate system

laurolins
Hi Sushil,

I tried to write an example to answer your question in a new documentation page in
the nanocubes page. See if it makes sense.

Thank you,
Lauro

On Nov 19, 2014, at 9:08 AM, Sushil Kadu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm planning to use nanocube for representing employee availability. I've
custom map (floor wise) of office. Location of an individual is fixed. If
the person is present in office on that day, his location will be marked
with green color, if the employee is absent then it will be marked with red
color.

I've gone through the procedure of creating dmp
file(https://github.com/laurolins/nanocube/wiki). I understood the script.

My question, how can I replace lat, long with my coordinate system and show
it on customized map that I've.

Thanks,
Sushil

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] how to replace lat, long with different coordinate system

KAO, FRANK

Sushil,

How are you tracking the people, using mobile phone?

How many data points are we talking about?  How big a VM are you using?

fkao

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] how to replace lat, long with different coordinate system

sushil@kratin.co.in
Hi Lauro,

Thank you for the detailed answer, this document answers all of my questions.
I'll create a small proof of concept around this. Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks,
Sushil

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Lauro Lins <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Frank,

I'm trying to create a small proof of concept with static location now. My long term aim is to go for mobile tracking. I plan to install a client app on device. This app will throw user location to server every half an hour.
This is how I planned to execute it. Regarding VM configuration, I've not really considered it since I first plan to demonstrate a proof of concept.

Thanks,
Sushil