[Nanocubes-discuss] ncbuild problems

Alex Bongiovanni
I'm having some trouble using ncbuild to create a new nanocube executable.  I want to create a nanocube with the dimensions q25_c1_u2_u8 (I'm counting a large number of things).

Trying to run ncbuild has been mostly unsuccessful (none of the options I set when I ran 'configure' and built everything have carried over, that might be a nice feature to implement), but after creating a copy and hardcoding the paths to g++ and boost, I've gotten it to run.  However, I have what I think is a linking error:

/tmp/ccOGIJij.o: In function `NanoCubeServer::serveTile(Request&)':
nc.cc:(.text+0x522a): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::Tile()'
nc.cc:(.text+0x525e): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::Tile(unsigned long)'
nc.cc:(.text+0x52cc): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::Tile(unsigned long)'
nc.cc:(.text+0x52d9): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::relativeTile(maps::Tile const&) const'

C++ isn't a language I'm terribly familiar with unfortunately, and I'm not sure how to proceed with this.  I can do a normal build so I'm not sure what to think.  Any suggestions?

Alex Bongiovanni

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] ncbuild problems

laurolins
Hi Alex,

The script “ncbuild” is a fragile python script that tries to compile a custom schema. When it breaks I don’t have any good suggestion on how to fix it besides tracing the error messages and manually adjusting it to work and reading the python source of ncbuild.

To help you in this case, I added the schema you want as part of the main system build (see src/Makefile.am) and made some other improvements (e.g. fixed a memory leaking problem) on a new branch called “dev”. Try checking out the “dev” branch and building it. You should have the nc_q25_c1_u2_u8 if everything runs well.

Lauro

On Feb 25, 2014, at 2:49 PM, Alex Bongiovanni <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm having some trouble using ncbuild to create a new nanocube executable.  I want to create a nanocube with the dimensions q25_c1_u2_u8 (I'm counting a large number of things).

Trying to run ncbuild has been mostly unsuccessful (none of the options I set when I ran 'configure' and built everything have carried over, that might be a nice feature to implement), but after creating a copy and hardcoding the paths to g++ and boost, I've gotten it to run.  However, I have what I think is a linking error:

/tmp/ccOGIJij.o: In function `NanoCubeServer::serveTile(Request&)':
nc.cc:(.text+0x522a): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::Tile()'
nc.cc:(.text+0x525e): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::Tile(unsigned long)'
nc.cc:(.text+0x52cc): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::Tile(unsigned long)'
nc.cc:(.text+0x52d9): undefined reference to `maps::Tile::relativeTile(<a href="maps::Tile">maps::Tile const&) const'

Alex Bongiovanni

Re: [Nanocubes-discuss] ncbuild problems

Alex Bongiovanni
I got the new version built.  Had some trouble though, the bootstrap and configure scripts wouldn't work, but the versions from the master branch seemed to be fine.  bootstrap had a problem with my version (which I checked and was fine), while the error from configure is this:
./configure: line 15688: syntax error near unexpected token `CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I${ZLIB_HOME}/include"'
./configure: line 15688: `    m4_ifblank( CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I${ZLIB_HOME}/include"'

Also, and I assume this is related to the memory leak fix, this build is distinctly slower than the one from the master branch.  I started the master build in 94 seconds, but the dev build took 745 seconds (18874374 points, same memory usage).

Alex Bongiovanni